Saturday, July 18, 2009

Nauvoo Trip

About a month ago, I decided I wanted to go to Nauvoo, and with Craig's permission I made it into a Girl's trip and took 3 friends with me! We planned the trip in about 24 hours, and left 3 weeks later. We had the most incredible trip, and felt the Spirit almost all day every day. I will never forget the trip.

This is a picture of myself, Lauri Pendleton, Jeff who portrays Joseph Smith in the pageant, Tammy Watts, and Wendy Brown.



When I originally planned the trip, my friend Tammy informed me that she had a dear friend who's family was in the pageant this year. So we called my parents and found out when they would be performing and was able to plan our trip so that we could watch them in the pageant. Tammy was so excited! Here she is with Jaron Packer and his sweet family.



This is the first night of the Nauvoo pageant this year. It was raining, and raining, and raining. They actually post-poned the pageant a half of an hour to see if it would let up a little. They finally were given the go ahead to start but the band that normally played the national anthem had already left, so one of the girls in the pageant sang it instead and did a beautiful job. The man to the right of her (looking at the picture) is Dallyn Bayles. He is performing with Phantom of the Opera right now and also performed at Women's Conference this year and also played Joseph in the pageant a few years back. He was in the audience that night and gave the opening prayer. The rain continued to fall pretty much the whole pageant, but people were good sports and stuck around and the cast acted as if the rain wasn't there.




Just one more picture of Emma, Joseph, and Hyrum walking through the crowd of Saints.







1 comment:

  1. Good memories! Sure loved having you here in Nauvoo with us. Glad you stuck with us during the rainy first night. We haven't had rain during the pageant since then!

    ReplyDelete